Apple addresses supposed iPad heat issues
Apple contacted The Loop with a statement about the iPad heating issue that is making the rounds this week. Apple representative Trudy Muller said,
The new iPad delivers a stunning Retina display, A5X chip, support for 4G LTE plus 10 hours of battery life, all while operating well within our thermal specifications. If customers have any concerns they should contact AppleCare.
I've had the new iPad since launch and my experience with it mirrors that of Jim Dalrymple. I've used it with games like Asphalt 6: Adrenaline HD, iPhoto, iMovie and more without any noticeable change in temperature. Temperature-wise, it feels just like my iPad 2.
New iPad owners, chime in the comments with your experiences. Do you notice any overheating or is your new iPad as cool as a cucumber?
Apple contacted The Loop with a statement about the iPad heating issue that is making the rounds this week. Apple representative Trudy...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs