Apple addresses supposed iPad heat issues
Apple contacted The Loop with a statement about the iPad heating issue that is making the rounds this week. Apple representative Trudy Muller said,
The new iPad delivers a stunning Retina display, A5X chip, support for 4G LTE plus 10 hours of battery life, all while operating well within our thermal specifications. If customers have any concerns they should contact AppleCare.
I've had the new iPad since launch and my experience with it mirrors that of Jim Dalrymple. I've used it with games like Asphalt 6: Adrenaline HD, iPhoto, iMovie and more without any noticeable change in temperature. Temperature-wise, it feels just like my iPad 2.
New iPad owners, chime in the comments with your experiences. Do you notice any overheating or is your new iPad as cool as a cucumber?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync