Netflix updates iPad app for Retina display
Updated to clarify that the app changes affect UI elements only, not video quality.
Netflix has rolled out the Retina-ready version of its video streaming app for the iPad. You can grab it for free from iTunes. The video service requires a minimum $7.99 monthly subscription.
Of course, the iPad's display is actually much higher resolution than even an HD video stream -- there's no change to the streaming quality in this build (Netflix says HD streaming is coming soon) but at least the app's interface elements will look razor-sharp.
New feature list:
- Improved artwork for new iPad Retina Display
- Fixed VoiceOver support
- Improved playback on external displays
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options