Netflix updates iPad app for Retina display
Updated to clarify that the app changes affect UI elements only, not video quality.
Netflix has rolled out the Retina-ready version of its video streaming app for the iPad. You can grab it for free from iTunes. The video service requires a minimum $7.99 monthly subscription.
Of course, the iPad's display is actually much higher resolution than even an HD video stream -- there's no change to the streaming quality in this build (Netflix says HD streaming is coming soon) but at least the app's interface elements will look razor-sharp.
New feature list:
- Improved artwork for new iPad Retina Display
- Fixed VoiceOver support
- Improved playback on external displays
Netflix has rolled out the Retina-ready version of its video streaming app for the iPad.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs