Apple says Proview is misleading courts, its customers
Apple and China-based Proview have been battling over the use of the term "iPad." Apple claims it bought the rights years ago, Proview disagrees.
This week, Apple spokeswoman Carolyn Wu claims the Cupertino company was "tricked" into signing an agreement that creates questions about the term's ownership. Specifically, Apple claims Proview maneuvered the 2009 arrangement through its Taiwan arm while the trademarks in dispute belonged to its Shenzhen subsidiary. Apple further claims this move was an attempt to avoid mainland creditors, as the company is in debt by hundreds of millions of dollars.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs