Apple says Proview is misleading courts, its customers
Apple and China-based Proview have been battling over the use of the term "iPad." Apple claims it bought the rights years ago, Proview disagrees.
This week, Apple spokeswoman Carolyn Wu claims the Cupertino company was "tricked" into signing an agreement that creates questions about the term's ownership. Specifically, Apple claims Proview maneuvered the 2009 arrangement through its Taiwan arm while the trademarks in dispute belonged to its Shenzhen subsidiary. Apple further claims this move was an attempt to avoid mainland creditors, as the company is in debt by hundreds of millions of dollars.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration