Netflix: HD streaming to the iPad is on the roadmap
If you downloaded the updated Netflix app on your retina iPad, you may be pleased by the sharp-looking menu items, but disappointed to discover the video stream looks the same. Joris Evers, Director of Corporate Communications at Netflix, told Mashable "The video is not in HD yet. That is on our roadmap, but I can't share timing at this point."
Netflix already streams to the new Apple TV in 1080P, so it will be nice to get comparable quality on the iPad, too.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)