Netflix: HD streaming to the iPad is on the roadmap
If you downloaded the updated Netflix app on your retina iPad, you may be pleased by the sharp-looking menu items, but disappointed to discover the video stream looks the same. Joris Evers, Director of Corporate Communications at Netflix, told Mashable "The video is not in HD yet. That is on our roadmap, but I can't share timing at this point."
Netflix already streams to the new Apple TV in 1080P, so it will be nice to get comparable quality on the iPad, too.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter