Talkcast tonight, 7pm PT/10pm ET: Security Edition!
It's Sunday, and like a lot of Sundays, we'll be Talkcasting it up starting at 7PM Pacific time, 10pm Eastern. We'll discuss security instead of turning up our noses at the need. In fact, we will be chatting with George Starcher, since he just dropped all kinds of science about this very topic on the latest Typical Mac User podcast.
We'll also talk about whatever else pops up during the course of the show. If you'd like to influence that, be sure to join us live using the instructions below.
As usual, Kelly hosting the show means there will be aftershow. Bring your best recipes for cake or for saving the world, either way, you might need one or both for the aftershow. It's hard to say, really.
Since it's really all about you, the community, join me won't you? To participate, you can use the browser-only Talkshoe client, the embedded Facebook app, or download the classic TalkShoe Pro Java client; however, for +5 Interactivity, you should call in. For the web UI, just click the Talkshoe Web button on our profile page at 4 HI/7 PDT/10 pm EDT Sunday. To call in on regular phone or VoIP lines (Viva free weekend minutes!): dial (724) 444-7444 and enter our talkcast ID, 45077 -- during the call, you can request to talk by keying in *8.
If you've got a headset or microphone handy on your Mac, you can connect via the free X-Lite or other SIP clients (aside from Skype or Google Voice), basic instructions are here. (If you prefer Blink, the pro version is available in the Mac App Store.) Talk to you tonight!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync