Apple offers royalty-free license to nano-SIM patents
FOSS Patents obtained a letter that Apple's legal team sent to the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) about its nano-SIM patents.
The letter said that Apple will grant royalty-free licenses to any essential nano-SIM patent as long as its nano-SIM proposal is approved and other patent holders agree to do the same with their patents.
This olive branch from Apple should alleviate any concerns that the company intends to use its patents to control and monetize the standard. The ETSI is expected to discuss the standard later this week.
FOSS Patents obtained a letter that Apple's legal team sent to the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) about its...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free
- Dragon Dictate 4 released today with new features and speed enhancements