Apple offers royalty-free license to nano-SIM patents
FOSS Patents obtained a letter that Apple's legal team sent to the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) about its nano-SIM patents.
The letter said that Apple will grant royalty-free licenses to any essential nano-SIM patent as long as its nano-SIM proposal is approved and other patent holders agree to do the same with their patents.
This olive branch from Apple should alleviate any concerns that the company intends to use its patents to control and monetize the standard. The ETSI is expected to discuss the standard later this week.
FOSS Patents obtained a letter that Apple's legal team sent to the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) about its...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- IFTTT adds a location channel to its iOS App
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype