Apple offers royalty-free license to nano-SIM patents
FOSS Patents obtained a letter that Apple's legal team sent to the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) about its nano-SIM patents.
The letter said that Apple will grant royalty-free licenses to any essential nano-SIM patent as long as its nano-SIM proposal is approved and other patent holders agree to do the same with their patents.
This olive branch from Apple should alleviate any concerns that the company intends to use its patents to control and monetize the standard. The ETSI is expected to discuss the standard later this week.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter