Britain Parliament considering iPads for all members
That glow you see coming from the House of Commons in London may be the glow of new iPads. The BBC reports that a Commons Administration Committee has recommended a rollout of iPads and other tablet computers to save the British taxpayer money.
At present, every member of Parliament gets three desktop computers and two laptops for office use, so as you can imagine, things get expensive quickly. But with iPads for everyone, the committee says it'll be easier to get work done and to save paper.
Some Members of Parliament participated in a trial use of tablets, and the results were positive. Several different brands of tablets were used by 16 Members of Parliament and it was noted that the iPad was "ahead of the field in terms of functionality."
Parliament rules were changed last year to allow MPs to use iPads or BlackBerrys in the Commons chamber.
That glow you see coming from the House of Commons in London may be the glow of new iPads. The BBC reports that a Commons Administration...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free