Britain Parliament considering iPads for all members
That glow you see coming from the House of Commons in London may be the glow of new iPads. The BBC reports that a Commons Administration Committee has recommended a rollout of iPads and other tablet computers to save the British taxpayer money.
At present, every member of Parliament gets three desktop computers and two laptops for office use, so as you can imagine, things get expensive quickly. But with iPads for everyone, the committee says it'll be easier to get work done and to save paper.
Some Members of Parliament participated in a trial use of tablets, and the results were positive. Several different brands of tablets were used by 16 Members of Parliament and it was noted that the iPad was "ahead of the field in terms of functionality."
Parliament rules were changed last year to allow MPs to use iPads or BlackBerrys in the Commons chamber.
That glow you see coming from the House of Commons in London may be the glow of new iPads. The BBC reports that a Commons Administration...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time