Future iOS update in China may adopt Baidu search, drop Google
According to The Next Web, Chinese website Sina Tech speculates that Apple may roll out an update in China that'll drop Google search from iOS and replace it with Baidu, a Chinese language search engine. Though unconfirmed, this move makes sense as Baidu commands more than 80 percent of the search market in the Asian country.
If it pans out, this switch would be terrible news for Google as it closes one of the company's in roads into the Chinese search market. It's also one more sign that Apple is no longer relying only on Google for web services like search and mapping.
[Via The Next Web]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7