Future iOS update in China may adopt Baidu search, drop Google
According to The Next Web, Chinese website Sina Tech speculates that Apple may roll out an update in China that'll drop Google search from iOS and replace it with Baidu, a Chinese language search engine. Though unconfirmed, this move makes sense as Baidu commands more than 80 percent of the search market in the Asian country.
If it pans out, this switch would be terrible news for Google as it closes one of the company's in roads into the Chinese search market. It's also one more sign that Apple is no longer relying only on Google for web services like search and mapping.
[Via The Next Web]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)