25 billionth app downloader flown to Beijing by Apple
Fu Chunli, who downloaded the 25 billionth app from the App Store (yes, 25 billionth), was flown from her hometown of Qingdao, China to the Beijing Apple Store. Chunli has dubbed the "Apple Girl" by Chinese media, and didn't believe Apple representatives when they first shared the good news. Today she's basking in her luck, picking up a $10,000 gift card. She's one lucky customer.
Apple's marketing department is lucky, too. The company has been pushing for growth in China, and here an attractive Chinese customer, the "Apple girl," wins a high-profile contest. Apple's definitely getting everything it can out of this.
In unrelated yet related news, CEO Tim Cook also happens to be in China right now, meeting with government officials. China is a huge market for Apple, and they know it for sure.
[pic via qdqss.cn]
Fu Chunli, who downloaded the 25 billionth app from the App Store (yes, 25 billionth), was flown from her hometown of Qingdao, China...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update