25 billionth app downloader flown to Beijing by Apple
Fu Chunli, who downloaded the 25 billionth app from the App Store (yes, 25 billionth), was flown from her hometown of Qingdao, China to the Beijing Apple Store. Chunli has dubbed the "Apple Girl" by Chinese media, and didn't believe Apple representatives when they first shared the good news. Today she's basking in her luck, picking up a $10,000 gift card. She's one lucky customer.
Apple's marketing department is lucky, too. The company has been pushing for growth in China, and here an attractive Chinese customer, the "Apple girl," wins a high-profile contest. Apple's definitely getting everything it can out of this.
In unrelated yet related news, CEO Tim Cook also happens to be in China right now, meeting with government officials. China is a huge market for Apple, and they know it for sure.
[pic via qdqss.cn]
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter