Apple accused of misleading iPad advertising in Australia
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission says Apple is misleading customers when it advertises the iPad as a 4G device, says a report in the Sydney Morning Herald. Though marketing promotes the device as 4G, there are no Australian carriers which support the iPad's 4G technology.
The ACCC is taking Apple to court and seeking "injunctions, pecuniary penalties, corrective advertising and refunds to consumers affected" writes the Sydney Morning Herald. A federal court in Melbourne will hear the ACC's petition Wednesday morning.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV