Apple accused of misleading iPad advertising in Australia
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission says Apple is misleading customers when it advertises the iPad as a 4G device, says a report in the Sydney Morning Herald. Though marketing promotes the device as 4G, there are no Australian carriers which support the iPad's 4G technology.
The ACCC is taking Apple to court and seeking "injunctions, pecuniary penalties, corrective advertising and refunds to consumers affected" writes the Sydney Morning Herald. A federal court in Melbourne will hear the ACC's petition Wednesday morning.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter