Apple accused of misleading iPad advertising in Australia
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission says Apple is misleading customers when it advertises the iPad as a 4G device, says a report in the Sydney Morning Herald. Though marketing promotes the device as 4G, there are no Australian carriers which support the iPad's 4G technology.
The ACCC is taking Apple to court and seeking "injunctions, pecuniary penalties, corrective advertising and refunds to consumers affected" writes the Sydney Morning Herald. A federal court in Melbourne will hear the ACC's petition Wednesday morning.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission says Apple is misleading customers when it advertises the iPad as a 4G device, says...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free