Apple accused of misleading iPad advertising in Australia
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission says Apple is misleading customers when it advertises the iPad as a 4G device, says a report in the Sydney Morning Herald. Though marketing promotes the device as 4G, there are no Australian carriers which support the iPad's 4G technology.
The ACCC is taking Apple to court and seeking "injunctions, pecuniary penalties, corrective advertising and refunds to consumers affected" writes the Sydney Morning Herald. A federal court in Melbourne will hear the ACC's petition Wednesday morning.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options