Rovio Entertainment acquires Futuremark Games Studio
Rovio is on fire right now. Last week, it launched Angry Birds Space and logged an impressive ten million downloads in three three days. Now, the company announced it has used some of its cash to acquire benchmark software maker Futuremark Games Studio, says a report in Venture Beat.
Mikael Hed, Rovio Entertainment's CEO, praised Futuremark and said in a statement, "They are an incredibly talented and experienced team, and we are thrilled to have them on board." He added that "Rovio's success is founded on the excellence of our team, and Futuremark Games Studio is going to be a superb addition."
This is Rovio's second major acquisition within a year. Last summer, the gaming company bought Finnish animation studio Kombo.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- IFTTT adds a location channel to its iOS App
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype