A global iPad network speed test
CNET used its global reach to test the iPad on several networks worldwide. They fired up the Speedtest.net app and measured download speeds on Verizon Wireless's 4G LTE network in San Francisco, Vodafone's 3G network in London, M1's HSPA+ network in Singapore and Telstra's HSPA+ network in Sydney.
The results show that Verizon in San Francisco took top spot with a blazing fast download speed of 28.47 Mbps. Telstra in Sydney was second with 16.08 Mbps, while Singapore's M1 (3.13 Mbps) and London's Vodafone (0.64 Mbps) came in third and fourth, respectively. Though Verizon was #1 in download speed, it lost to Telstra in a YouTube video playback test that measures real-world performance instead of raw network speed.
You can watch the video on CNET's website.
CNET used its global reach to test the iPad on several networks worldwide. They fired up the Speedtest.net app and measured download...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update