A global iPad network speed test
CNET used its global reach to test the iPad on several networks worldwide. They fired up the Speedtest.net app and measured download speeds on Verizon Wireless's 4G LTE network in San Francisco, Vodafone's 3G network in London, M1's HSPA+ network in Singapore and Telstra's HSPA+ network in Sydney.
The results show that Verizon in San Francisco took top spot with a blazing fast download speed of 28.47 Mbps. Telstra in Sydney was second with 16.08 Mbps, while Singapore's M1 (3.13 Mbps) and London's Vodafone (0.64 Mbps) came in third and fourth, respectively. Though Verizon was #1 in download speed, it lost to Telstra in a YouTube video playback test that measures real-world performance instead of raw network speed.
You can watch the video on CNET's website.
CNET used its global reach to test the iPad on several networks worldwide. They fired up the Speedtest.net app and measured download...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time