A global iPad network speed test
CNET used its global reach to test the iPad on several networks worldwide. They fired up the Speedtest.net app and measured download speeds on Verizon Wireless's 4G LTE network in San Francisco, Vodafone's 3G network in London, M1's HSPA+ network in Singapore and Telstra's HSPA+ network in Sydney.
The results show that Verizon in San Francisco took top spot with a blazing fast download speed of 28.47 Mbps. Telstra in Sydney was second with 16.08 Mbps, while Singapore's M1 (3.13 Mbps) and London's Vodafone (0.64 Mbps) came in third and fourth, respectively. Though Verizon was #1 in download speed, it lost to Telstra in a YouTube video playback test that measures real-world performance instead of raw network speed.
You can watch the video on CNET's website.
CNET used its global reach to test the iPad on several networks worldwide. They fired up the Speedtest.net app and measured download...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs