Apple, Motorola discuss Xoom in Düsseldorf courtroom
Apple and Motorola finally got to face each other in a German courtroom earlier this week, according to reports from Dow Jones. In this case, they're arguing over Motorola's Xoom tablet, and Apple is saying that it's too similar to the iPad. The judge in the courtroom meeting, however, apparently suggested that the Xoom's shape clearly makes it different and obviously Motorola's counsel supported that argument.
Apple and Motorola have gone back and forth on this and other arguments about patents worldwide -- at this point, it's not so much an argument of who's actually right so much as it is just deciding the messy issue of whose patents get to stand and whose don't. A ruling in this case, in Germany, is set to be decided May 31.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options