Apple, Motorola discuss Xoom in Düsseldorf courtroom
Apple and Motorola finally got to face each other in a German courtroom earlier this week, according to reports from Dow Jones. In this case, they're arguing over Motorola's Xoom tablet, and Apple is saying that it's too similar to the iPad. The judge in the courtroom meeting, however, apparently suggested that the Xoom's shape clearly makes it different and obviously Motorola's counsel supported that argument.
Apple and Motorola have gone back and forth on this and other arguments about patents worldwide -- at this point, it's not so much an argument of who's actually right so much as it is just deciding the messy issue of whose patents get to stand and whose don't. A ruling in this case, in Germany, is set to be decided May 31.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration