Apple offers Australian iPad buyers a refund
Apple is now offering refunds to Australian customers who are not satisfied with iPad because it is not 4G, says a report in the Sydney Morning Herald.
Apple is selling the device as the ''iPad with WIFI + 4G'' because it operates on LTE networks in the US and Canada. Australian carriers Telstra and Vividwireless, however, have 4G networks that are not compatible with the iPad's 4G technology. This is confusing to customers says consumer watchdog group ACCC, which filed a legal complaint against the Cupertino company.
Besides issuing refunds (and yes, you have to return the iPad to get a refund), Apple is also replacing signage at Australian Apple stores. The new marketing materials will now read "This product supports very fast cellular networks. It is not compatible with current Australian 4G LTE networks or WiMax networks."
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter