What, me worry? MAD Magazine to hit the iPad on April 1st
OMG. Let's hope that this isn't a clever April Fools joke, but MAD Magazine is coming to the iPad this Sunday, April 1, 2012. Just think -- Alfred E. Neuman's idiotic grin beaming at you from the Retina display of your new iPad!
For several generations, MAD has been the go-to source for completely childish humor, excellent movie spoofs, and an on-point satirical look at our world. Now the magazine will appear on your iPad as a free app, with current issues of the magazine available through in-app purchase for $4.99 and past issues for $1.99. You can also subscribe for a rate of $1.99 per issue or $9.99 per year.
As you'd expect, the app features all of the fun things you've known and loved for years about the "real" magazine, including the fold-ins and the Sergio Aragonés "MAD Marginals." The marginals, those little drawings that appear around the periphery of other MAD content, will be zoomable so aging boomers don't need a magnifying glass to read them. Of course you can't fold your iPad, so the fold-in will be animated -- and for the first iPad issue, it was drawn by none other than Al Jaffee, who's been making people laugh out loud since the 1950s.
Keep your eyes on the App Store Sunday for the appearance of MAD for the 'pad.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved