What, me worry? MAD Magazine to hit the iPad on April 1st
OMG. Let's hope that this isn't a clever April Fools joke, but MAD Magazine is coming to the iPad this Sunday, April 1, 2012. Just think -- Alfred E. Neuman's idiotic grin beaming at you from the Retina display of your new iPad!
For several generations, MAD has been the go-to source for completely childish humor, excellent movie spoofs, and an on-point satirical look at our world. Now the magazine will appear on your iPad as a free app, with current issues of the magazine available through in-app purchase for $4.99 and past issues for $1.99. You can also subscribe for a rate of $1.99 per issue or $9.99 per year.
As you'd expect, the app features all of the fun things you've known and loved for years about the "real" magazine, including the fold-ins and the Sergio Aragonés "MAD Marginals." The marginals, those little drawings that appear around the periphery of other MAD content, will be zoomable so aging boomers don't need a magnifying glass to read them. Of course you can't fold your iPad, so the fold-in will be animated -- and for the first iPad issue, it was drawn by none other than Al Jaffee, who's been making people laugh out loud since the 1950s.
Keep your eyes on the App Store Sunday for the appearance of MAD for the 'pad.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter