iPhone video helps rescue trapped Chinese toddler
If this story had hit yesterday, we might have cried "April Fools!" As it is, though, it's a remarkable tale of a rescue -- helped by an iPhone. A Chinese two-year-old was trapped in a 40-foot-deep well, and the crews working to extract him could not get their hoist harness properly positioned.
The Telegraph and the Daily Mail report that a rescuer managed to lower an iPhone into the well to record video of the boy's position. Once they were able to see the situation more clearly, the team successfully pulled him out. He's now hospitalized but not seriously injured.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration