iPhone video helps rescue trapped Chinese toddler
If this story had hit yesterday, we might have cried "April Fools!" As it is, though, it's a remarkable tale of a rescue -- helped by an iPhone. A Chinese two-year-old was trapped in a 40-foot-deep well, and the crews working to extract him could not get their hoist harness properly positioned.
The Telegraph and the Daily Mail report that a rescuer managed to lower an iPhone into the well to record video of the boy's position. Once they were able to see the situation more clearly, the team successfully pulled him out. He's now hospitalized but not seriously injured.
If this story had hit yesterday, we might have cried "April Fools!" As it is, though, it's a remarkable tale of a rescue -- helped by an...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update