iPhone video helps rescue trapped Chinese toddler
If this story had hit yesterday, we might have cried "April Fools!" As it is, though, it's a remarkable tale of a rescue -- helped by an iPhone. A Chinese two-year-old was trapped in a 40-foot-deep well, and the crews working to extract him could not get their hoist harness properly positioned.
The Telegraph and the Daily Mail report that a rescuer managed to lower an iPhone into the well to record video of the boy's position. Once they were able to see the situation more clearly, the team successfully pulled him out. He's now hospitalized but not seriously injured.
If this story had hit yesterday, we might have cried "April Fools!" As it is, though, it's a remarkable tale of a rescue -- helped by an...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7