iPhone video helps rescue trapped Chinese toddler
If this story had hit yesterday, we might have cried "April Fools!" As it is, though, it's a remarkable tale of a rescue -- helped by an iPhone. A Chinese two-year-old was trapped in a 40-foot-deep well, and the crews working to extract him could not get their hoist harness properly positioned.
The Telegraph and the Daily Mail report that a rescuer managed to lower an iPhone into the well to record video of the boy's position. Once they were able to see the situation more clearly, the team successfully pulled him out. He's now hospitalized but not seriously injured.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options