Apple supplier Hon Hai Precision Industry to "significantly" raise wages
Workers at Taiwanese plants run by Hon Hai Precision Industry -- the parent company of iPad and iPhone manufacturer Foxconn -- will begin to see some benefit of the popularity of the Apple products they manufacture in the form of "significantly" higher wages.
The company is doing this primarily to attract and retain top talent at its Taiwanese manufacturing facilities. Foxconn has recently worked on improving worker conditions at plants in mainland China, raising wages and reducing the number of overtime hours worked by employees.
Workers at Taiwanese plants run by Hon Hai Precision Industry -- the parent company of iPad and iPhone manufacturer Foxconn -- will begin...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs