Apple supplier Hon Hai Precision Industry to "significantly" raise wages
Workers at Taiwanese plants run by Hon Hai Precision Industry -- the parent company of iPad and iPhone manufacturer Foxconn -- will begin to see some benefit of the popularity of the Apple products they manufacture in the form of "significantly" higher wages.
The company is doing this primarily to attract and retain top talent at its Taiwanese manufacturing facilities. Foxconn has recently worked on improving worker conditions at plants in mainland China, raising wages and reducing the number of overtime hours worked by employees.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features