Nielsen: More people use tablets, smartphones while watching TV
A recent report from Nielsen shows that folks in the US and UK enjoy using their mobile devices while watching TV, while those in Germany and Italy prefer to do one thing at a time says a report in CNET.
Up to 88 percent of US tablet owners and 86 percent of US smartphone owners use their device at least once a month while watching TV. Some (26 percent) use their tablet in front of the TV several times each day. In the UK, the trend mirrors the US with 80 percent of tablet owners and 78 percent of smartphone owners relaxing with their mobile device at least once a month while gazing at the TV. Twenty-four percent admit to using their device while watching TV several times each day.
Italy and Germany buck this trend with more than thirty percent of people saying they have never used a tablet while watching TV. When people around the world multitask with their tablet and TV, most people use the tablet to check email or research information about the TV show or movie the they are watching.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client