Nielsen: More people use tablets, smartphones while watching TV
A recent report from Nielsen shows that folks in the US and UK enjoy using their mobile devices while watching TV, while those in Germany and Italy prefer to do one thing at a time says a report in CNET.
Up to 88 percent of US tablet owners and 86 percent of US smartphone owners use their device at least once a month while watching TV. Some (26 percent) use their tablet in front of the TV several times each day. In the UK, the trend mirrors the US with 80 percent of tablet owners and 78 percent of smartphone owners relaxing with their mobile device at least once a month while gazing at the TV. Twenty-four percent admit to using their device while watching TV several times each day.
Italy and Germany buck this trend with more than thirty percent of people saying they have never used a tablet while watching TV. When people around the world multitask with their tablet and TV, most people use the tablet to check email or research information about the TV show or movie the they are watching.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features