Small survey finds school IT managers expecting iPads
The iPad may make further inroads into education, thanks to the popularity of the device among teens. According to a report in AllThingsD, investment firm Piper Jaffray surveyed 18 public school IT managers about their future tablet plans and discovered that 78 percent are testing iPads. Schools that adopt a "bring your own device" policy may also see a jump in the number of iPads being used as the tablet is popular among teens.
"Ultimately we expect school 'bring your own device' policies paired with the popularity of iPads among teens will lead to the iPad owning the educational tablet market, " says Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration