Small survey finds school IT managers expecting iPads
The iPad may make further inroads into education, thanks to the popularity of the device among teens. According to a report in AllThingsD, investment firm Piper Jaffray surveyed 18 public school IT managers about their future tablet plans and discovered that 78 percent are testing iPads. Schools that adopt a "bring your own device" policy may also see a jump in the number of iPads being used as the tablet is popular among teens.
"Ultimately we expect school 'bring your own device' policies paired with the popularity of iPads among teens will lead to the iPad owning the educational tablet market, " says Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter