Small survey finds school IT managers expecting iPads
The iPad may make further inroads into education, thanks to the popularity of the device among teens. According to a report in AllThingsD, investment firm Piper Jaffray surveyed 18 public school IT managers about their future tablet plans and discovered that 78 percent are testing iPads. Schools that adopt a "bring your own device" policy may also see a jump in the number of iPads being used as the tablet is popular among teens.
"Ultimately we expect school 'bring your own device' policies paired with the popularity of iPads among teens will lead to the iPad owning the educational tablet market, " says Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster.
The iPad may make further inroads into education, thanks to the popularity of the device among teens. According to a report in...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements