EA: emerging ad trends in social games
Advertising is poised to take a bigger role in mobile gaming now that Electronic Arts has signed a multimillion dollar, year-long advertising campaign with Unilever, says a report in AllThingsD. Unilever is a multinational consumer goods company that owns such brands as Dove, Ben & Jerry's, Lipton and more.
EA is using its popular Facebook game, The Sims Social, as a vector to introduce advertising for Unilever products like Dove. When players enter the bathroom, they will be able to shower with Dove shampoo. During the summer, their refrigerators can be stocked with Magnum Mini ice cream bars. These branded virtual goods are enticing to players because they are often offered for free.
This advertising deal isn't limited to Facebook. It's a cross-platform agreement that could push branded virtual goods into The Sims line of games on iOS devices and consoles like the Xbox 360.
Advertising is poised to take a bigger role in mobile gaming now that Electronic Arts has signed a multimillion dollar, year-long...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free