You're the Pundit: Do smartphone owners really want a bigger display?
When it comes to evaluating the next big thing, we turn to our secret weapon: the TUAW braintrust. We put the question to you and let you have your go at it. Today's topic is smartphones. When it comes to display size, is bigger really better?
Is the iPhone a sad shrunken remnant of outdated smartphones? Or are the new jumbo-sized units on the market our new pumped-up smartphone overlords? Sure, size matters -- but in which direction?
You tell us. Place your vote in this poll and then join in the comments with all your analysis.
|Hell yeah. Look at the iPad? People want more pixels, and they want it in a size that's still pocket friendly.||887 (8.5%)|
|Hell no. The iPhone is designed for *human* hand sizes, not just for NBA stars.||3757 (36.0%)|
|While I would welcome a mini-Pad tablet in Apple's iOS line-up, I see no reason to mess with the iPhone and its success story.||845 (8.1%)|
|I think the iPhone could grow a little bigger, but nowhere as big as, say, the Galaxy Note.||4695 (44.9%)|
|Lemur man, lemur man, does what ever a lemur can. Great big eyes? Listen bub, he's got primate in his blood, oh yeah...he is the lemur man||132 (1.3%)|
|Something else. I'll tell you in the comments.||132 (1.3%)|
When it comes to evaluating the next big thing, we turn to our secret weapon: the TUAW braintrust. We put the question to you and let you...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free