You're the Pundit: Do smartphone owners really want a bigger display?
When it comes to evaluating the next big thing, we turn to our secret weapon: the TUAW braintrust. We put the question to you and let you have your go at it. Today's topic is smartphones. When it comes to display size, is bigger really better?
Is the iPhone a sad shrunken remnant of outdated smartphones? Or are the new jumbo-sized units on the market our new pumped-up smartphone overlords? Sure, size matters -- but in which direction?
You tell us. Place your vote in this poll and then join in the comments with all your analysis.
|Hell yeah. Look at the iPad? People want more pixels, and they want it in a size that's still pocket friendly.||887 (8.5%)|
|Hell no. The iPhone is designed for *human* hand sizes, not just for NBA stars.||3757 (36.0%)|
|While I would welcome a mini-Pad tablet in Apple's iOS line-up, I see no reason to mess with the iPhone and its success story.||845 (8.1%)|
|I think the iPhone could grow a little bigger, but nowhere as big as, say, the Galaxy Note.||4695 (44.9%)|
|Lemur man, lemur man, does what ever a lemur can. Great big eyes? Listen bub, he's got primate in his blood, oh yeah...he is the lemur man||132 (1.3%)|
|Something else. I'll tell you in the comments.||132 (1.3%)|
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)