Most iOS devices in China sold to customers in urban areas
A report from Chinese strategic advisory firm Stenvall Skoeld suggests that Apple has a 10 percent penetration rate in China with the highest levels of ownership found in urban centers like Beijing, Guandong and Shanghai. The lowest percentage of ownership was found in Tibet which had a 0.1 percent penetration rate.
The report also claims that, at the end of 2011, China was home to 21 million iPhones and iPad. The actual number may be higher as China Mobile, which does not carry the iPhone, says it has 15 million iPhone users on its network.
You can read the full report on Stenvall Skoeld's website.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows