Most iOS devices in China sold to customers in urban areas
A report from Chinese strategic advisory firm Stenvall Skoeld suggests that Apple has a 10 percent penetration rate in China with the highest levels of ownership found in urban centers like Beijing, Guandong and Shanghai. The lowest percentage of ownership was found in Tibet which had a 0.1 percent penetration rate.
The report also claims that, at the end of 2011, China was home to 21 million iPhones and iPad. The actual number may be higher as China Mobile, which does not carry the iPhone, says it has 15 million iPhone users on its network.
You can read the full report on Stenvall Skoeld's website.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free