FAA to expand iPad usage, create app store
According to a report on aviation website AVweb, the Federal Aviation Administration plans to expand the use of the iPad by its employees. By 2014, employees will be given the choice to replace their laptops with an iPad and possibly other Android tablets. The FAA has found that the iPad improved efficiency and lowered costs, especially among employees like mechanics who consult technical repair manuals on the tablet and lawyers who use the iPad to access legal files online. The FAA also has plans to create an app store with apps that meet the needs of its employees.
Hat tip to Marty for sending this in!
According to a report on aviation website AVweb, the Federal Aviation Administration plans to expand the use of the iPad by its...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free