FAA to expand iPad usage, create app store
According to a report on aviation website AVweb, the Federal Aviation Administration plans to expand the use of the iPad by its employees. By 2014, employees will be given the choice to replace their laptops with an iPad and possibly other Android tablets. The FAA has found that the iPad improved efficiency and lowered costs, especially among employees like mechanics who consult technical repair manuals on the tablet and lawyers who use the iPad to access legal files online. The FAA also has plans to create an app store with apps that meet the needs of its employees.
Hat tip to Marty for sending this in!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app