Minds of Modern Mathematics from IBM available for iPad
Math is one of those disciplines that has a long and colorful history. If you want to learn more about the great math minds of the past, you should download Minds of Modern Mathematics from IBM.
The multimedia-rich app is a timeline that shows the history of math from 1000 BC to the 1950s. The iPad app is inspired by a 50-foot long wall tribute to math that was on display during the IBM-sponsored Mathematica exhibition held in 1961. The original wall tribute was designed by celebrated American designers, Charles and Ray Eames.
The app has three core views that let you see the development of math over the millennia, browse exciting events that happened in the last century or swipe through a 3D chronological view that lets you walk through math history one event at a time. The app is filled with detailed biographies about famous mathematicians and has almost 500 high-resolution photos of historic artifacts.
The Minds of Modern Mathematics is available for free from the iOS App Store. It'll run on an iPad with iOS 3.2 or later.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV