An in-depth look at the iPad as a gaming device
Writing for GamesIndustry International, Richard Leadbetter discusses the iPad as a gaming device and goes into great details about Apple's choice of internal components.
Apple's strategy with the new iPad seems to be to accommodate the Retina screen whatever the cost: CPU, batteries and RAM have all required costly upgrades to power the 2048 x 1536 display.
He concludes that "It's no longer a case of whether Apple will bring its own brand of gaming to the home, it's a matter of when and how."
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features