An in-depth look at the iPad as a gaming device
Writing for GamesIndustry International, Richard Leadbetter discusses the iPad as a gaming device and goes into great details about Apple's choice of internal components.
Apple's strategy with the new iPad seems to be to accommodate the Retina screen whatever the cost: CPU, batteries and RAM have all required costly upgrades to power the 2048 x 1536 display.
He concludes that "It's no longer a case of whether Apple will bring its own brand of gaming to the home, it's a matter of when and how."
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows