Super yacht controlled by an iPad
Looking more like a floating spaceship than a luxury boat, the Adastra is the result of five years of work by billionaire Anto Marden and yacht designer John Shuttleworth. Not only is the boat an object to behold, it's also crammed full of high-tech goodness like an iPad-powered remote control system that works within a 50-meter range, says a report in the Daily Mail.
Other features include a glass and Kevlar hull, room for nine guests and six crewman and a top speed of 22.5 knots. It's efficient and can travel from the UK to New York without needing to refuel. If you wanted to build one of these super yachts for yourself, better start saving now as it'll cost you £15-million (US$23.9 million).
Looking more like a floating spaceship than a luxury boat, the Adastra is the result of five years of work by billionaire Anto Marden...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox updates to support PDF annotations and better integration with iWork
- IFTTT adds a location channel to its iOS App
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents