Topps goes beyond baseball cards with two fun new apps
One of the staples of American childhood and a focus of sports memorabilia collectors is the baseball card. Topps has always been a powerhouse in the baseball card market, and the company announced a few days ago that they're launching a pair of iOS apps to bring the fun of baseball cards into the digital age.
Topps Pennant (US$3.99) is a universal app that brings over 115,000 baseball games from today back to 1952 to life. Through "elegant, interactive infographics," Topps Pennant allows baseball fans to relive every play of every game since 1952.
Topps Bunt (Free) is a fun iPad game that combines baseball card collecting with fantasy baseball. Sign in with a Facebook or Twitter account, pick a nickname and avatar, and then collect 9 players. As the season progresses, your point total increases as your players score in real games. If one or more of your players are being worthless slugs, you can trade them. You're competing against other real people, including those in your region or who are fans of your team.
It's still early in the 2012 MLB season and a great time to start having fun with baseball with these two new Topps products.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app