You're the Pundit: Are the MacBooks about to merge?
When it comes to evaluating the next big thing, we turn to our secret weapon: the TUAW braintrust. We put the question to you and let you have your go at it. Today's topic is the MacBook.
Rumors have abounded recently suggesting that Apple will merge its MacBook Pro and Air lines into a single laptop continuum. Although many people protest to the contrary, we at TUAW are convinced that optical is dead.
So what now? What are you expecting to see in the MacBook arena as Apple announces its refreshed hardware over the next few months?
You tell us. Place your vote in this poll and then join in the comments with all your analysis.
|I expect Apple to continue to produce and sell both MacBook Pro and MacBook Air models. No merges.||2018 (37.7%)|
|One line. The MacBook, available in 11", 13" and 15" models.||1370 (25.6%)|
|One line of MacBooks but with models ranging from 11" up to 17" or even 19"||1446 (27.0%)|
|Waiting for the 27" Mac Book Air announcement -- slides into envelopes, allows you to sled down mountains, use as emergency banquet table or for scraping windshields on frosty mornings. It's also a dessert topping!||429 (8.0%)|
|Something else. I'll tell you in the comments.||93 (1.7%)|
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV