Google Play Books updated with new bookmarks, text selection
Google's Google Play Books market isn't just for Android devices. There's also an iOS app available to read content purchased on that market, and it's just been updated with some new features. Bookmarks let you place a bookmark by touching the top right corner. You can also highlight and even put notes on specific text as you read. You can search for and define certain bits of text, and use the +1 button to share whatever you're reading on Google Plus.
Are we too kind to pass on mentioning that iBooks already had all of these features, save for the Google Plus integration? Apparently not. But if you've got content on Google Play already, at least you'll have an easier time of reading it now, even on an iOS device.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features