New iPhone ads air featuring Zooey Deschanel and Samuel L. Jackson
Last night saw the airing of two new ads for the iPhone 4S that featured celebrities Samuel L. Jackson and Zooey Deschanel. Both thirty-second spots showed the celebs using Siri in their home environment. Jackson used Apple's personal assistant software to help him plan a "date night" and cook a meal, while the ad with Deschanel saw her using Siri on a rainy day.
The ads are significant as they mark a deviation from Apple's recent television advertising: they feature celebrities playing themselves and are as much a focus of the ad as the iPhone itself.
As of the time of this writing Apple has yet to post the ads to its iPhone ad gallery or its official YouTube channel. However, you can check out both ad below thanks to a couple sharp-eyed viewers who had their cameras ready when the ads appeared.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter