New medical iPad platform reduces patient check-in time
NIIT Healthcare Technologies of Orlando, Florida introduced a mobile platform that'll speed up check-in times, improve communication and help process payments for hospitals, physician offices, clinics and laboratories.
Called MASH for manage, analyze, sustain and harness, the product lets patients and doctors use mobile devices that tie into the facility's backend infrastructure. Patients can check-in autonomously using a tablet and describe their injury or illness, enter health insurance details or even navigate the halls of the facility. This information is then sent to the appropriate medical department which is alerted to the patient's arrival and to the business office for payment processing.
This system is already installed in Antelope Valley Hospital in Lancaster California. "MASH's ability to reduce the waiting time and paperwork in our ER will provide our hospital with life-saving and cost-saving technologies," said Humberto Quintanar, CIO of Antelope Valley Hospital.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature