Spotify says iPad app is 'in the works'
Spotify held an event in New York this week to make a "special announcement," and unfortunately, it wasn't about anything having to do with the streaming music service's long awaited iPad app. It was, instead, about some deal that they're making with Coke, which will start off as some sort of branded apps.
Anyway, nobody really cares about all of that (or at least, it's up to Spotify and Coke to make people care -- the marketing budget probably has plenty of money slated in it for just that reason). Nope the thing everyone wanted to know about was the iPad app, and founder Daniel Ek confirmed that it is still "in the works." Unfortunately, that's all he said about that.
Spotify actually won our 2011 choice award for best music app on the iPhone, so it's not too surprising that we can't wait to see the iPad version. Hopefully it'll be along soon.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update