Andy Ihnatko on the iPad as his main mobile computer
Andy Ihnatko wrote an article for Macworld UK in which he talks about living in a post-PC world with the iPad as his main computing device. He discusses how the iPad has changed from a content consumption to a content creation device, thanks to some bold developers willing to push the iPad to its limits.
His most salient point comes at the end when he questions the future of Apple and the 11-MacBook Air, which is almost the same size and does almost the same things as the iPad. He writes, "I don't see doom for the 11-inch MacBook. But I do think whatever Apple does to this Mac will tell us a lot about how the company wishes to define computing in general, and Mac OS specifically, for the next five years."
[Via Daring Fireball]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter