AT&T expands its 4G LTE network
AT&T reported that it is continuing the expansion of its 4G LTE network throughout the US, with Akron and Canton, Ohio and Lafayette, Indiana being added to the list.
AT&T is promising 4G LTE expansion to 12 cities by summer, including Cleveland, Ohio; Baton Rouge and New Orleans, Louisiana; Naples, Florida; St. Louis, Missouri; and Staten Island, New York.
The network is said to be up to ten times faster than that of the AT&T 3G network that still predominates the wireless carrier's coverage portfolio in the US. The AT&T version of the third-generation iPad supports 4G LTE; the next version of the iPhone is expected to also support 4G LTE.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter