AT&T expands its 4G LTE network
AT&T reported that it is continuing the expansion of its 4G LTE network throughout the US, with Akron and Canton, Ohio and Lafayette, Indiana being added to the list.
AT&T is promising 4G LTE expansion to 12 cities by summer, including Cleveland, Ohio; Baton Rouge and New Orleans, Louisiana; Naples, Florida; St. Louis, Missouri; and Staten Island, New York.
The network is said to be up to ten times faster than that of the AT&T 3G network that still predominates the wireless carrier's coverage portfolio in the US. The AT&T version of the third-generation iPad supports 4G LTE; the next version of the iPhone is expected to also support 4G LTE.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature