Samsung claims Apple is infringing on eight patents in California documents
Executives from Samsung and Apple may be sitting down to discuss patents and infringement, but the legal battle between the two companies is far from over. According to a report from FOSS Patents, Samsung accused Apple of infringing on eight patents in a California lawsuit filed last Wednesday. Rather than target only mobile devices in this suit, Samsung took out the big guns and is aiming at iPhones, iPads, Mac computers, Apple TV, iCloud and iTunes.
This suit may be difficult for Samsung to win as two of the patents are FRAND patents which are essential to technology standards and must be licensed under fair and reasonable terms. Five patents, including the two FRAND patents, are from Samsung and three were acquired from Hitachi. Samsung has filed several lawsuits against Apple globally and has yet to win a judgment against the Cupertino company.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7