Shazam Player is available for the iPad
Shazam updated its player app for the iPhone to version 1.5.1 and released it as a universal app with support for Retina Display on the new iPad. Shazam Player is an alternative to the iOS Music app that makes it easy for you to share and discover new music.
The Shazam player scans your music library, matches tracks with LyricPlay and organizes your library by artists, albums, tracks and playlists. It has a lovely UI with a new player box that lets you see the songs playing in your queue and a beautiful full-screen LyricPlay view.
LyricPlay is still underwhelming. It only picked up one song in my library of 200 songs, but I have an unusual taste in music. When it works, LyricPlay now supports AirPlay and can be viewed on your Apple TV. When it doesn't, there's an eye-catching visualization.
The Shazam Player is available for free from the iOS App Store.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update
- Today in the App Store -- the best free apps, new apps and app updates