Apple reportedly in talks with iPad trademark challenger in China
According to a Computerworld report, Apple and Chinese company Proview are in talks to resolve their dispute over the iPad trademark in China. The case is being heard in the Higher People's Court of Guangdong Province. Before it hands down a ruling, the court recommended the two companies meet first and try to hammer out an agreement.
Proview has indicated in earlier comments that it wants to reach a settlement with Apple, but Apple has made it clear it will defend the trademark it purchased in 2009. As of today, the new iPad is still not available in the Asian country.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service