Apple reportedly in talks with iPad trademark challenger in China
According to a Computerworld report, Apple and Chinese company Proview are in talks to resolve their dispute over the iPad trademark in China. The case is being heard in the Higher People's Court of Guangdong Province. Before it hands down a ruling, the court recommended the two companies meet first and try to hammer out an agreement.
Proview has indicated in earlier comments that it wants to reach a settlement with Apple, but Apple has made it clear it will defend the trademark it purchased in 2009. As of today, the new iPad is still not available in the Asian country.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options