iPhone will launch for five US regional carriers today
As noted by Cnet, the iPhone is launching on an additional five US regional carriers today. The carriers include Alaska Communications, Appalachian Wireless (Kentucky and Virgina), Cellcom (Wisconsin and Michigan), nTelos (Virginia), and GCI (Alaska).
The regional carriers apparently know they'll have an uphill battle against the national carriers like AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon, so they're offering the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S at $50 discounts over the nationals. With a two year contract, the 8GB iPhone 4 costs $49 and the 16, 32, and 64 GB iPhone 4S costs $149, $249, and $349 respectively.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter