iPhone will launch for five US regional carriers today
As noted by Cnet, the iPhone is launching on an additional five US regional carriers today. The carriers include Alaska Communications, Appalachian Wireless (Kentucky and Virgina), Cellcom (Wisconsin and Michigan), nTelos (Virginia), and GCI (Alaska).
The regional carriers apparently know they'll have an uphill battle against the national carriers like AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon, so they're offering the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S at $50 discounts over the nationals. With a two year contract, the 8GB iPhone 4 costs $49 and the 16, 32, and 64 GB iPhone 4S costs $149, $249, and $349 respectively.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync