Adobe formally unveils CS6, Creative Cloud, launch event April 23
Adobe has formally announced its upcoming Creative Cloud service, along with Adobe Creative Suite 6, and Adobe will stream a launch event at 10 a.m. PT/1 p.m. ET today, April 23. All products are available for preorder.
Creative Cloud is US$49.99 per month; however, those who currently have an Adobe subscription or own Adobe CS3 through CS5.5 can get a subscription for $29.99 per month for a year. When I preordered Creative Cloud, the order screen showed an estimated availability of May 7.
We first heard of Creative Cloud in October, and the Photoshop CS6 beta was released in March. Adobe Creative Cloud will allow access to all 14 CS6 applications via monthly subscription. CS6 contains major upgrades to all Adobe apps and Adobe Muse, which we reviewed in August, exits its beta form.
Creative Suite prices range from $1,299 for Design Standard to $2,599 for the Master Collection. Upgrades start at $275. Education discounts are available.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)