Apple wins discovery ruling in dispute with Samsung
Business Insider reports that Apple has won a round against Samsung in court. A California court ruled Monday that Samsung failed to produce documents referencing Apple's designs and features. U.S. Magistrate Judge Paul S. Grewal said Samsung violated multiple court orders by not doing this. This particular suit challenges Samsung 4G smartphones and the Galaxy Tab 10.1.
Apple and Samsung have filed at least 30 suits against each other spanning four continents since April 2011, Business Insider states. The most recent of those suits was filed on April 19, when Samsung accused Apple of infringing on eight patents. At least 14 of those lawsuits were filed in Germany.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter