Line2 updated to add MMS support within its network
Line2 has an interesting premise - it lets you add a second phone number to your iPhone and turns your iPad or iPod touch into a VoIP phone. The company announced on Monday that it's sweetening its service by adding picture and location support for iOS devices.
If your device runs iOS 5.0 or greater, you can send an MMS from one Line2 number to another Line2 number. As you would expect, the image will automatically appear within the user's Line2 app. Unfortunately, carrier restrictions limit the usefulness of this new MMS feature as most carriers block MMS messages from a Line 2 number to a mobile number. You can send a Line2 picture message to any mobile number, but it will appear as a link the recipient must click if he or she wants to view the image on their phone.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter