Cheap data just got cheaper at AT&T [Updated with bad news]
I just got the nicest surprise on my iPhone. I don't know how long this has been going on, but my AT&T Pay as You Go feature packs just got much, much better. If you're a PayGo customer for an old iPhone like I am (I use PayGo with my 3GS), your $5 now buys you 50MB.
Here's a quick comparison of the old and new allocation amounts.
|Feature Pack Cost||Old Allocation||New Allocation|
|$5||10 MB||50 MB|
|$15||100 MB||200 MB|
|$25||500 MB||1 GB|
If you want to learn about putting a PayGo SIM into your GSM iPhone, hop on over to this older post that describes all the details.
Update: Looks like bad news along with the good. I have not seen this myself. This screen shot is courtesy of @techclimb. I cannot confirm this policy change but I've reached out to AT&T for comment.
Here's the message I received today:
Further Update: An AT&T spokesperson confirms: "Yes, customers on certain GoPhone voice plans ($2/day and the $0.10/min option) need to subscribe to a monthly plan in order to use a data package. (Customers on those two plans can still pay a PPU rate for data, of course...) Qualifying monthly plans are the $50 Unlimited Talk & Text nationwide plan for GoPhone smartphones and the $25 Unlimited Text with 250 minutes nationwide GoPhone plan. "
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync