Dear Aunt TUAW: Help Siri call me Gerry
Dear Aunt TUAW,
Is there a way to change Siri's spelling of my name at the end of an email? I would like it to print out "Gerry" and not "Jerry," but I can't figure out how to do it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Your loving nephew,
That's actually a really hard request, since you're asking Siri to replace a known well-enunciated name with an alternative spelling. The only way Auntie can figure out how to handle this is to spell out the name during the dictation. "Gee. Ee. Ar. Ar. Why." This creates an upper-case presentation that may work well enough for you, e.g.
It's Auntie's considered opinion, however, that you'd probably be better off simply adding your name to your normal signature, e.g. "From Gerry. Sent from my iPhone" or similar. You can edit this in Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, > Signature.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service