Sprint confirms unlimited data for next-generation iPhone
In a chat with CNET, Sprint CEO Dan Hesse said that the company would stick with unlimited data for the iPhone, even if the next iPhone comes with LTE. Sprint said in March that they would be able to offer an LTE iPhone when one becomes available.
This comes out the same day that Sprint released its quarterly earnings, showing the iPhone as one of the sole bright spots to its disappointing quarter. The company sold 1.5 million iPhones, with 44 percent of the buyers new customers. However, Sprint posted a net loss of $863 million, further depleting its cash reserves.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options