Celebrity iPhone ads score well with viewers
Apple's new iPhone 4S ads featuring Samuel L. Jackson and Zooey Deschanel appear to be resonating with TV viewers. Ace Metrix, a firm that does analytics for television and video advertisers, found that those two ads were the "most effective TV ads to break the week ending April 20" for mobile phones.
For some reason, the rather mundane Samsung Galaxy Note "The Best of a Phone and Tablet" and "The Best of Both Tablet and Phone" ads still manage to take the #1, 5, and 7 spots in the Ace Metrix list, while Zooey tied for #1, Sam was in second place, and three other iPhone 4S ads placed 6th, 8th, and 9th.
Ace Metrix CEO Peter Daboll noted that Apple's iPhone ads earlier in the year had been "falling rather flat," and that "This new creative tack that uses likeable (sic) celebrities struck a chord with American viewers."
Apple's new iPhone 4S ads featuring Samuel L. Jackson and Zooey Deschanel appear to be resonating with TV viewers. Ace Metrix, a firm...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs