New iPad arrives in India, eight other countries today
Apple began selling the new iPad today in an additional nine countries, including India. The other countries include Colombia, Estonia, Israel, Latvia, Lithuania, Montenegro, South Africa and Thailand. With today's rollout the new iPad is now available in 56 countries around the world -- the fastest iPad expansion to date.
However, as noted by CNET, the biggest country in today's launch, India, seems to have little excitement for the new tablet. Apple has no official retail presence in the country. Instead, its products are sold through third-party retailers, many of which sell cheaper tablets. That's an important factor for many Indian customers as, on average, Indian citizens have less disposable income for tech goods as their Western counterparts. In fact, at one Indian reseller the only one waiting in line for the new iPad was a bull.
Both the Wi-Fi and 4G models are now available through Apple's online store and at select Apple Authorized Resellers.
Photo credit: Ankit Tuteja/IBNLive.com
Apple began selling the new iPad today in an additional nine countries, including India. The other countries include Colombia,...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time