Memory of Steve Jobs helped inspire Facebook's organ donation initiative
Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg told ABC's Good Morning America that it was a combination of ideas from his girlfriend and his friendship with Steve Jobs that prompted him to use Facebook as a platform for addressing organ shortage for patients in need of transplants.
Zuckerberg said seeing how Jobs's liver transplant extended his life for years was part of what helped him decide to go ahead with Facebook's new organ donor promotion.
As of April 30, Facebook users in the US and UK can indicate they are organ donors on their timelines. If people have not registered to be organ donors, they are directed to where they can do so.
Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg told ABC's Good Morning America that it was a combination of ideas from his girlfriend and his...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update
- Today in the App Store -- the best free apps, new apps and app updates