Parallels Mobile updated for Retina display
The Parallels Mobile app (US$4.99 intro price, regular price $19.99) received an update today that provides support for the Retina display on the new iPad. The update is free to all existing users of Parallels Mobile.
Parallels Mobile is designed to allow remote operation of virtual machines running under Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac. According to the company, the user interface and icons of the app were re-created in 264 pixel per inch high-resolution for the best possible user experience. When your Mac or virtual machine resolution is set higher than 1024 x 768, it's now possible to see all of the applications, files and images on the virtual machine with outstanding image quality.
Parallels has also improved the login experience for connecting your Mac and remote iPad, and the app now supports international keyboards for the Mac host and Windows virtual machines in all languages supported by iOS.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter