UK National Rail app available for iPhone
National Rail has finally released an official iPhone app that allows users to access real-time information for all overground trains in England, Wales, and Scotland. National Rail Enquiries is more than just a journey scheduler, according to the company. The app allows users to track trains in real time, find out about disruptions and delays (which, as any UK traveler knows, happens frequently), and even allows you to re-plan your journey mid-trip.
In addition to push notifications, which give you up-to-the-minute details on your journey, National Rail Enquiries also offers a nice alert feature, which notifies you when you are coming up to your stop or if the train is dividing at a certain location.
National Rail Enquiries is a free download. However, they've laced the app with ads and if you want to remove them you'll have to fork over £4.99 as an in-app purchase. For a company who already charges sky-high rail prices for services that frequently run late, perhaps they should have skipped the ads altogether and offered their customers a truly good app experience.
National Rail has finally released an official iPhone app that allows users to access real-time information for all overground trains...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client