UK National Rail app available for iPhone
National Rail has finally released an official iPhone app that allows users to access real-time information for all overground trains in England, Wales, and Scotland. National Rail Enquiries is more than just a journey scheduler, according to the company. The app allows users to track trains in real time, find out about disruptions and delays (which, as any UK traveler knows, happens frequently), and even allows you to re-plan your journey mid-trip.
In addition to push notifications, which give you up-to-the-minute details on your journey, National Rail Enquiries also offers a nice alert feature, which notifies you when you are coming up to your stop or if the train is dividing at a certain location.
National Rail Enquiries is a free download. However, they've laced the app with ads and if you want to remove them you'll have to fork over £4.99 as an in-app purchase. For a company who already charges sky-high rail prices for services that frequently run late, perhaps they should have skipped the ads altogether and offered their customers a truly good app experience.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter