UK National Rail app available for iPhone
National Rail has finally released an official iPhone app that allows users to access real-time information for all overground trains in England, Wales, and Scotland. National Rail Enquiries is more than just a journey scheduler, according to the company. The app allows users to track trains in real time, find out about disruptions and delays (which, as any UK traveler knows, happens frequently), and even allows you to re-plan your journey mid-trip.
In addition to push notifications, which give you up-to-the-minute details on your journey, National Rail Enquiries also offers a nice alert feature, which notifies you when you are coming up to your stop or if the train is dividing at a certain location.
National Rail Enquiries is a free download. However, they've laced the app with ads and if you want to remove them you'll have to fork over £4.99 as an in-app purchase. For a company who already charges sky-high rail prices for services that frequently run late, perhaps they should have skipped the ads altogether and offered their customers a truly good app experience.
National Rail has finally released an official iPhone app that allows users to access real-time information for all overground trains...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free