iPhone video lands actor on Star Trek
The iPhone is sometimes compared to a Star Trek communicator, so it's pretty cool that
an actor from Sherlock himself, Benedict Cumberbatch, used it to get a part on the upcoming J.J. Abrams Trek sequel. When Cumberbatch couldn't make it to the audition, he used his iPhone to record a reading and sent it along, according to the New York Times (subscription required).
Macworld Australia speculates he'll play Khan, but so far all we know is Abrams was blown away by the iPhone-recorded audition, calling it "...one of the most compelling audition readings I'd ever seen."
cinemafestival / Shutterstock.com The iPhone is sometimes compared to a Star Trek communicator, so it's pretty cool that an...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs